Lonely Planet hails Donegal but warns visitors not to drink our water

first_imgThe world’s biggest travel guide is warning people coming to Donegal not to drink tap water because of “toxic chemicals.”The Lonely Planet is the world’s most-read travel guide and sells millions of copies each year.But the latest edition of Lonely Planet Ireland has warned visitors not to drink water in certain counties in Ireland including Donegal. The other counties issued with the stark warning include Wicklow, Meath, Mayo, Kerry and Cork.The book states “The Irish have traditionally always drunk tap water but in recent years have introduced filter systems to combat the presence of potentially toxic chemicals called trihalomethanes in the water supply, which exceeded EU sanctioned levels in various parts of the country including Donegal, Kerry, Cork, Kilkenny City, Waterford, Wicklow, Meath, Mayo, Roscommon and Galway.”However, in general, the book is very complimentary of Donegal.It described our county as the “wild child” of Ireland saying it is “home to some of its most ravishingly sublime scenery and beautiful beaches.” Holidaymakers from Ireland and overseas coming to Donegal are beingLonely Planet hails Donegal but warns visitors not to drink our water was last modified: July 19th, 2019 by Staff WriterShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Beautydonegallonely planetwaterlast_img read more

Read More →

Warriors’ Steve Kerr: Draymond Green may have “minutes restriction” on trip

first_imgHOUSTON — The Warriors may limit Draymond Green’s playing time for reasons they say have nothing to do with his verbal spat with Kevin Durant. Warriors coach Steve Kerr said it has everything to do with Green’s health.Kerr said that Green “may be limited minutes wise” when the Warriors (12-3) visit the Houston Rockets (6-7) on Thursday because of a sprained right toe and right foot that has “lingering soreness.” Green had missed two games last week against Milwaukee and Brooklyn before …last_img read more

Read More →

South Africa leads global fugitive hunt

first_imgYusuf Abramjee, head of Crime Line (right) and Assistance Commissioner Vinesh Moonoo at the CSI conference shortly after South Africa was formally welcomed onto the board of directors.A global fugitive round-up operation, recently launched by Crime Stoppers International (CSI), Interpol and various law enforcement agencies, attracted the most interest from South Africa.Primedia’s Crime Line was the local driving force.The announcement was made to hundreds of delegates at the 30th annual CSI conference, which is underway in Broad Beach, Queensland, Australia.At the same time, three South Africans were formally welcomed onto the Board of Directors of the worldwide crime combating body – a first for the African continent.South Africa is being represented at the CSI conference by Crime Line head Yusuf Abramjee. Assistant Police Commissioner Vinesh Moonoo and Senior Superintendent Attie Lamprecht are representing the South African Police Service (SAPS).Crime Line, the anonymous 32211 sms tip-off service, and  www.crimeline.co.za has recorded almost 830 arrests to date and R31-million worth of confiscations.South Africa was the first country to introduce text or sms messaging in the fight against crime just over two years ago and various countries followed. The initiative has the support of national and provincial government and is fully endorsed by the SAPS.NGOs, various media organisations including the SABC, DSTV, Jacaranda FM, Algoa FM, community radio, newspapers and other publications are also proud supporters of Crime Line. The initiative was launched as a Primedia corporate social investment programme in June 2007 and various local and foreign partnerships were quickly formed.Addressing delegates at the CSI conference, Abramjee said: “We will continue to form partnerships and share the South African experience. At the same time, we are here to learn from other countries. We have one global enemy – crime. We must all work together and fight this scourge.”He said South Africa was ready to spread the Crime Line and CSI message to all corners of the African continent. Ghana, Nigeria, Namibia and Botswana are some of the countries that have already shown interest.“In line with the CSI motto, ‘Helping to stop, solve and prevent crime – together’,” we will assist and advise wherever we can,” Abramjee said.Commissioner Moonoo said: “The SAPS encourages communities to continue to blow the whistle on crime. Please pass on information anonymously using Crime Line (sms 32211) or call Crime Stop (08600 10111). The successes achieved thus far are phenomenal. We will also focus more on fugitives in the future.”Speaking at the conference, Field Commander for “Operation Infra-Red” and representative of Australia’s Victoria Police Intelligence and Covert Support Department, Valentine Smith, announced that South Africa recorded the highest number of visits to the CSI website in June 2009 when the operation was launched.Over 120 photographs of the world’s most wanted were posted onto the Crime Line website and many were published in the South African media. There were also links to the Crime Stoppers International (CSI) website.“Almost 40% of the visitors to the CSI website in June were from South Africa. The actual number was 23 313. This is phenomenal considering that we gave Crime Line 48 hours to launch the wanted campaign in South Africa,” said Smith.“We also received a number of tip-offs from South Africa and investigations into many of the cases are continuing,” he said.Eight fugitives were re-captured in various parts of the world, while a further 45 fugitives have possibly been located. Some 37 of these are pending or following extradition processes. Among those recaptured are major drug dealers, murderers, a rapist and sex offenders. Drug smuggler Bruce “Vito” Veniero, who was being sought in the US, was nabbed in Argentina after being on the run for 10 years. He is known as the “Grass King of the US”.Smith said the success of “Operation INFRA-Red” in South Africa was largely due to the massive media support. “Other countries should talk to the South African delegation and learn from them. The media in South Africa must be praised for the awareness it created around this global fugitive round-up operation.”James Schield, Chief Inspector from the United States Marshals Service said “the world is getting smaller. There is an increase in mobility of people. We have to continue to establish relationships all over the globe. The priority is to investigate, locate and arrest fugitives.”Operation INFRA-Red will be back next year. “We will fully support it and based on this year’s success, we will punt it extensively in South Africa and other parts of the continent,” said Abramjee.Commissioner Moonoo said operations to track down wanted criminals in South Africa were “on-going.”The buzzword at this year’s conference was “partnerships”. Communities, law enforcement agencies, business, including the media, have been urged to work “together” in the fight against crime.Delegates from Europe, Asia, US, Canada, the Caribbean and various parts of Australia attended this year’s CSI conference. Speakers included top crime-combating officials from the FBI, Scotland Yard, Australia’s Federal Police and academics.last_img read more

Read More →

After Effects Shortcut: Close All Open Compositions

first_imgReset your workspace by closing all open comps in After Effects with this handy shortcut.If you’re working with a complex After Effects project (comps in comps in comps) you can quickly clear your workspace by closing all open compositions.The following 1 minute video tutorial by the always enthusiastic Baker, of BakersTuts, explains how to do it (written explanation below). For more After Effects tutorials subscribe to Baker’s frequently updated YouTube channel.Command + W on Mac (or Control + W on PC) is the default shortcut to close windows, tabs, etc in most applications. So, when you have a composition selected in After Effects and use the CMD + W shortcut it will close that window.Now, add Shift to that shortcut and you can close all AE comps:Got an After Effects shortcut you absolutely rely on?Share your fave AE shortcuts in the comments below!last_img read more

Read More →

Jiangsu’s Inter Milan links mean Gareth Bale could be Serie A bound

first_imgGareth Bale’s rumoured move to Jiangsu Suning has become one of the biggest stories of the summer transfer window, but even if the Welshman signs for the Nanjing-based side there are no guarantees he will make his Chinese Super League debut any time soon.Reports this weekend have claimed Bale will put pen to paper on a three-year deal with Jiangsu and earn a staggering one million pound ($1.24 million) per week as he leaves Real Madrid following a six-season stint during which the winger has won four UEFA Champions League titles and the 2017 La Liga crown.But signing for the Chinese club does not guarantee Bale will take to the field in the Chinese Super League for Jiangsu when they play their first game after the country’s mid-season transfer window closes on Wednesday.Jiangsu meet Guangzhou R&F, featuring another former Tottenham Hotspur star in Moussa Dembele, on Friday evening and are well adrift of CSL-leading trio Guangzhou Evergrande, Shanghai SIPG and Beijing Guoan, who are locked in battle for the title.In contrast, the best coach Cosmin Olaroiu and his side can hope for is a fourth-placed finish, but Bale may not have to worry too much about Jiangsu and their domestic form.Suning, the electrical retailer who have owned the club since late 2015, are also majority shareholders in Serie A giants Inter Milan and the prospect remains that Bale could move to the 18-time Italian champions on loan.A precedent exists for such a switch, with Australia international defender Trent Sainsbury following the same path in 2017.advertisementSainsbury was signed by the club from Dutch side PEC Zwolle ahead of the 2016 CSL season as Jiangsu sought to take advantage of regulations permitting teams to field four foreign players, on the proviso one came from an Asian Football Confederation member nation. As an Australian, Sainsbury fulfilled that criterion.However, just days before the start of the campaign, a Chinese Football Association directive to scrap the Asian player slot left Sainsbury’s future in doubt and ahead of the following season the central defender shifted to Serie A on a six-month loan deal.The path linking the clubs has also been taken in the opposite direction, with Italian winger Eder joining Jiangsu from Inter last year while defender Miranda became Jiangsu’s latest recruit, signing at the end of last week after Inter annulled his contract.With the traffic flow between Milan and Nanjing increasing, the prospect of Bale running out at the San Siro rather than the Nanjing Olympic Sports Centre remains a very real possibility.Also Read | Griezmann will connect with Messi, Suarez at Barcelona: Coach ValverdeAlso Read | I-League clubs not ready to hand AFC Champions League slot to ISLAlso See:last_img read more

Read More →

10 months agoEverton boss Silva has big plans for McCarthy

first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Everton boss Silva has big plans for McCarthyby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveEverton are ready to release James McCarthy for loan next month.The Mirror says McCarthy is returning to full fitness after a double break in his leg suffered last January and will be involved over Christmas, but the club want him to get back to regular action – and that is unlikely to be on offer at Goodison Park.Marco Silva sees a big part for McCarthy in his long-term plans, but he is happy to let him leave on a loan deal for the season.The Republic of Ireland star, 28, has interest from Fulham, Brighton and Burnley, and will talk with Silva before deciding on which club would be best. last_img read more

Read More →

a month agoWATCH: Atletico Madrid striker Morata mixed zone meltdown after dismissal

first_imgWATCH: Atletico Madrid striker Morata mixed zone meltdown after dismissalby Carlos Volcanoa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveAtletico Madrid striker Alvaro Morata suffered a meltdown AFTER being sent off in victory at Real Mallorca.Morata saw red after being booked twice in a minute for clashing with Mallorca players, the second following an altercation with Salva Sevilla.In the mixed zone after the 2-0 win, the former striker shouted at reporters, “Let Salva Sevilla say what he said.”Morata was then dragged away by club officials, still visibly angry.Mallorca’s Xisco Campos, who was involved in the brawl, said: “They are things that stay on the field and nothing happened.”Watch below: About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Read More →

John Calipari Goes On Twitter Rant Following Criticism For Saying Kentucky’s Goal Was To Get 8 Players Drafted

first_imgJohn Calipari tweets about his draft goal.Twitter/@UKCoachCalpariOn Wednesday, John Calipari rubbed some people the wrong way when he said Kentucky’s goal this past season was to get eight players drafted, not win the national championship. Calipari, 56, is as big of a players-first coach as there is in sports, so his comments weren’t really that surprising. But, at the same time, it’s not surprising that people were upset with his statement. The Wildcats’ coach went on somewhat of a Twitter rant this afternoon, addressing his critics. I hate to drive you traditionalists crazy, but I’ll say it again: our goal at the beginning of the season was to have eight players drafted.— John Calipari (@UKCoachCalipari) May 21, 2015I’ll be honest with you, at the time I may have said nine. My point when I said that was to have them all eat.— John Calipari (@UKCoachCalipari) May 21, 2015When they asked how we do it, I told them to do this you will have to be a selfless team, share & do historic things on the court. They did.— John Calipari (@UKCoachCalipari) May 21, 2015If Alex doesn’t get hurt, 8 are drafted. We fell short of a national title but this season was not disappointing to me. Have a great day!— John Calipari (@UKCoachCalipari) May 21, 2015Whether you agree with him or not, you’ve got to respect Calipari for always speaking his mind.last_img read more

Read More →

Milaha Reports Rise in Profit

first_imgzoomAbdulrahman Essa Al-Mannai, Milaha CEO; Image Courtesy: Milaha Qatar Navigation (Milaha) ended the first nine months of 2018 with a profit increase of more than 10 percent. The company’s net profit rose to QAR 400 million (around USD 109.9 million) during the nine-month period ended September 30, 2018, from QAR 363 million (USD 99.7 million) seen in the same period a year earlier.In addition, operating profit stood at QAR 314 million during the first three quarters of 2018, compared to QAR 200 million posted in the corresponding period last year.What is more, operating revenues were QAR 1.8 billion for the abovementioned period of 2018, compared to QAR 1.7 billion reported in 2017.Milaha Maritime & Logistics’ operating revenue increased by QAR 21 million while net profit declined by QAR 55 million mainly due to QAR 43 million in vessel impairments taken in the container shipping unit in the third quarter, as explained by the company.The company also said that Milaha Gas & Petrochem’s operating revenue remained flat with the same period last year while net profit declined by QAR 135 million mainly due to vessel impairments recorded during the first half of 2018.Milaha Offshore’s operating revenue increased by QAR 32 million mainly due to increase in vessel utilization, while the bottom line increased by QAR 67 million due to a decline in impairment charges in 2018 versus the same period last year.Finally, Milaha Capital’s net profit increased by QAR 168 million due to higher dividend income and higher financial portfolio trading returns.Earlier this month, Milaha teamed up with Oracle Cloud Applications on digital transformation of its core business operations and its subsidiaries. The company aims to introduce innovative services and drive operational efficiency with automated processes.last_img read more

Read More →